Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blogging from the beach

We're on vacation, but I had to share two short snippets from our road trip:

Scene the first, entitled "How I Know My Husband Watched Too Much Television in the 70s:"
As we drive by a tsunami warning sign...
Andre: Look at the tsunami sign!
Me: Yeah, it's kind of freaking me out.
A: Hah! They spelled "hazard" wrong.
Me: Dumbfounded look.
A: Oh. Right. I was thinking about Hazzard County.

Scene the second, entitled "How I Know My Child Eats Too Much Junk Food:"
As Fiona colors in her fancy new coloring book...
Fiona: Mommy what is this guy called?
Me: You mean what kind of animal is he?
F: Yeah, what kind of animal is he?
Me: I think that's a cheetah, buddy.
F: No Mommy, it's called a CheeTOH. I'm going to color him orange, because Cheetohs are supposed to be orange.