Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mommy?

Sometimes I'm really not sure how I live through the day. Like today, for example. Amelia woke up at 4:10 am this morning and was up until 6:15. Then she went back to sleep for 45 minutes before getting up for the day. I did not go back to sleep for 45 minutes before getting up for the day. Hence, I am grumpy.

Add grumpy to morning-Fiona and the picture is quite bleak. Fiona's habit lately is to say "Mommy?" before every single sentence she utters. Frequently our conversations go something like this:

Fiona: Mommy?
Me: Yes?
F: Uhhhhhh....uhhhhhhh......Mommy?
M: Yes?
Fiona: I want to tell you something.
M: What is it?
Fiona: Uhhhhhh.....uhhhhhhh.....Mommy?
M: Head pops off.

I tried to get her to imitate herself on camera the other day and the hilarious (and frightening) part is when she goes from pretending to really whining within the space of about 20 seconds.

Warning: This video is an effective form of birth control.