Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Spring Break

I've been missing in action for the past week and a half because of the damned school's insistence on having a spring break. They're pre-schoolers for cry-eye. They go to school a grand total of seven and a half hours each week. I don't exactly see their little fingers getting calloused and their backs becoming hunched from the strain. Perhaps it's the teachers that need a break you might be thinking to yourself. To which I say, Bah! And nothing else because I don't really have a retort for that.

I think I did a little jig when I dropped Fiona off this morning. A very small one, but I'm pretty sure it was a jig. A break from the child who must be the absolute center of everyone's attention at all times is blessed, blessed relief. I mean, I love her and adore her and she is the best and most fabulous four and a half year old ever invented, but even I have a breaking point. We did have a fun week though, we spent time on the beach, we went to the zoo, we visited my mom at her work, we played outside. We even had sunshine for most of it. If we hadn't, I would have known that Satan does indeed walk the earth.

Now let's talk about how adorably cute Amelia is. She has a fondness for carrying our DVD cases around the family room. It drives Andre up a wall, but until we find a cabinet with doors, it's pretty much a given that it's going to happen. Anyhow, she just toddled over carrying a DVD with a big grin on her face. She had the case cradled in one arm and she looked up at me and then gave the case a gentle baby kiss and started giggling. I looked at the case and it was Gone with the Wind. The front has Rhett Butler dipping Scarlet back and going in for a big smooch. Amelia wanted in on the action, I guess. We had a very nice time taking turns giving Rhett and Scarlet kisses after that. Man, I love this baby.