Thursday, April 13, 2006

The power of shame

Apparently electronics have feelings. All it took was a good public shaming to get my clock back into shape. After my post yesterday, I decided to give it one more shot and plugged it back in. It started flashing obedient little twelves at me and allowed me to reset it. (Andre warned me that it would probably cause a fire, but I'm not sure how that would happen. The clock shooting angry retaliatory lasers perhaps?) Anyhow, I'm now back on track to try to beat Andre at the clock-keeping competition he seems to think we're involved in. I wasn't even aware of it before this incident, but now that I know I'm totally going to win.

Just in case the clock does rise up and rebel over my mistreatment, Andre purchased this book and I plan to commit it to memory.