Monday, January 02, 2006

"Resolutions"

A little late, but here are the things that I'd like to do this year. I'm not making any hard-on-myself resolutions this year. Of course I need to do things like lose that pesky baby weight, but a resolution never really helps with that for me. This year I want to resolve to do some of the little things that will make my life happy:

1. Wear more lipstick. I think I look better with lipstick on. My lips are very pale without it and it makes me look a little ill when I don't have it on. Everyone needs something that makes them feel a little prettier.

2. Get a pedicure. I've never had one and my feet need some love.

3. Read more. I joined Paperback Book Swap and the books are rolling in. I need to keep my mind busy with things other than whether or not Walt made the polar bears appear on the island. (Because there was the whole bird thing and the polar bear on the comic book and the polar bear gift as a baby, but then in the training movie there were polar bears. I just can't decide. And how did he choose that exact moment to start a chat session with the hatch's computer? Are the others monitoring the hatch? Is it even Walt on the other end?)

4. Enjoy my kids as much as possible before going back to work.

5. Buy some new jeans. Maybe even two pairs. Shop for them without children in tow. Don't wait to lose the baby weight, just do it. Heck, maybe even a new shirt too.

6. Go see at least four movies this year with Andre.

7. See at least two movies with my mom. Girl movies. Movies Andre won't see. Yay chick flicks!