Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Meme tagged

HG tagged me with this one:

The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits I have" and people who get tagged then write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says you have been tagged? (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

I had a hard time coming up with some of these. I asked Andre to tell me what some of my weird habits are and he just used that opportunity to complain about me leaving napkins on the plates and then putting them into the sink when I cleared the table. That's not a habit, that's laziness.

  1. I always leave my water glass from the night before on my nightstand until I have like 12 glasses on my nightstand and we don't have any clean glasses in the house because they're all in the bedroom. It would be so much easier if I would just take my glass downstairs each morning and put it in the dishwasher.
Oh wait! That's not my habit, that's Andre's habit.
  1. I bite my nails. I'm trying to stop since I made a deal with Andre that I'd quit if he quit smoking and he did. I've pretty much managed to control myself, but I still bite my pinky nails every once in a while. I like to think of my pinky nails as my nicoderm patch. It's all about the baby steps. I also have to keep them very short or I'll start biting them again. I don't like to feel my nails above my fingertips. Yuck.
  2. I don't wear any jewelry except my wedding ring. I have an appreciation for pretty jewelry and I have a whole bunch of jewelry that my mother in law has given me (because she apparently hasn't noticed in the seven years she's known me that I don't wear any jewelry), I just don't ever put it on. Sometimes I think about putting it on, but then I feel like I'm going to the opera or something with all my jewels and I just put it back in the jewelry box.
  3. I like to read two books at once. I usually have one that I leave by my bed and one that I carry all over the house (or to work when I was working).
  4. I pick my split ends compulsively. This has been a lot better since I've been keeping my hair shorter and actually getting it trimmed more than once a year.
  5. I'm really having trouble thinking of another habit. I'm sure my mother or sister could add another one in here. Most of the rest of the things I'm thinking off are a direct result of laziness or procrastination and not really a "habit" per se.
I'm going to give this one to Tamara and Allie, but only if they want to and are looking for something to write about. I think this meme has traveled so far and wide already that I don't have many other bloggers to pass it on to; everyone's been tagged already. See? Procrastination again. It never pays, children. It never pays.