Friday, December 16, 2005

6 month Amelia

I thought I had three more months. Hah! Amelia is totally mobile. She's not a perfect crawler, it's more like a lurching, Frankensteinian, inchworm sort of move, but she roams the family room with ease. She also likes to eat small things off the floor, so it's almost like we got the Roomba back into action without having to send it off to be fixed.

She's such the anti-Fiona, I don't really know what to do with her. She's perfectly happy to Roomba around the room looking for electrical cords to chew or puzzle pieces to gnaw. She can get from a crawling position back into a sitting position to play with toys. She doesn't need the constant never ceasing attention that Fiona needed. She even eats food from a spoon, something Fiona never did. I feel like I'm just learning how to parent again since none of this has been the same.

She went in for her sixth month check up the other day and the doctor thought she would most likely be walking before 10 months. Some people might get all exited about what a walking prodigy their genius child is, but I'm terrified. Babies don't have any common sense and they shouldn't be allowed to walk until they figure the world out a little more fully.

I already miss my snuggly little baby and she's only six months old. Why didn't anyone warn me this would go so fast?