Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I fear for my sanity

I can't believe it. It can't possibly have happened this soon. I have a teeny baby no longer. Amelia is rolling. She's not even four months old! I should have had at least another month or so of leaving her on the bed when I have to go to the bathroom or get dressed. Now I have to make sure she's carefully corralled in her playpen or strapped into her bouncy seat or something. I even have to do boring stuff like vacuum so she won't roll off her blanket and eat cat hair off the floor.

Everyone who sees her rolling and sitting and trying to stand on my lap says, "Yep, looks like she's going to be an early walker!" Please dear sweet baby Jesus, no. I don't want a brainless baby stumbling around gashing open her head on the coffee table and falling down the stairs. I want my baby to be nice and placid and lay around and coo for as long as possible. Because once the snuggly layaround stage is over, I'm never getting it again. It makes me a little sad that she's my last baby. Not sad enough to actually have another baby, but still a little, tiny bit sad.