Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Watch me! Watch me!

This is how Fiona replies when I ask her to play by herself for a few short moments so I can check my email and provide you with an update. Sure mom, I'll play quietly by myself with one of my five bajillion toys, but only if you give me your undivided attention and stare intently at me while I do it. If you don't care to stare intently at me, I will begin to torture the cat. If I can get the cat to scratch or bite me, I know you'll give me your undivided attention.

These phrases have all been heard in our house within the past week:
"Please don't sit on the cat."
"No. You are not allowed to tie up anything that is alive. Untie Ellis right now."
"Do NOT put your toe in your sister's mouth."
"Let Ellis out of the storage container."
"Let go of my leg. Let go of my leg. Let go of my leg. LET GO OF MY LEG!"
"No, you can't have candy for breakfast. Because I said so."
"We've told you before, do not tie up anything that is alive. That includes your sister."
"Please take your feet off the baby's head."

Must go now, Fiona has a ribbon and she's looking for the cat.