Thursday, July 21, 2005

Suddenly, too late, a wealth of Potter.

I complained to Amazon that I hadn't received my copy of Harry Potter yet. My account status said they had shipped it UPS and it was obviously NOT on my doorstep. They had already given me my refund for not having it there on Saturday, so they apologized again, concluded it was lost, and sent out another copy. And then I checked the mailbox. I, uh, hadn't checked it in couple of days and lo and behold, there was my book. They had sent it by mail instead of UPS. Oops. So now I'll have three copies. My emergency copy that Andre bought for me at the grocery store late Saturday night, the copy that arrived sometime in the last two days, and the one they're sending. I guess I'll send the third copy back since that was totally my fault, but what to do with the other one? Donate it to the library? Any other ideas?