Saturday, June 04, 2005

Negative seven...

Still pregnant. Guess what's going on? Yup, that's right, nuthin'. But it's OK, the eviction notice goes out on Tuesday night. I go in then for cervadil to ripen the cervix (which makes it sound like fruit and kind of creeps me out) then Pitocin on Wednesday to start contractions. Hopefully things will start happening before then, but at least I have an end in sight.

At the non-stress test yesterday (which is when they monitor you for at least half an hour while you're lying down and measure the baby's heart rate compared to its movements) Amelia was being quite the lazy little baby and wasn't moving enough for them to get the readings they needed. So, the non-stress test lady got out her buzzer and gave her a loud buzz right on the butt. She jumped so hard that it startled me too! I couldn't stop laughing at the image of her wondering what the hell was going on out here. Fiona was quite amused by the thought of it too and proceeded to tell everyone she talked to yesterday about the nurse "buzzing her baby sister on the butt."

We have a busy day of laying around planned, maybe a little nesting thrown in for good measure. Fiona has her movie picked out for the day. Tamara, here's a quiz for you. I know you'll know what it is:

"Get out of there!"
"They're too big. I'm too small to breathe it in!"

What movie is that from?