Saturday, May 14, 2005

Wager worthy

We're having some work done on our building at work so there are routinely burly construction workers walking through the back halls. I usually bump into them while they're waiting for the employee elevator (which can take as long as 6 years to get to the top floor). Yesterday, I walked by a couple of guys waiting for the elevator as I was coming back from the bathroom. I saw a couple of my co-workers at the end of the hall and stopped to talk to them. A couple of minutes later (seriously, the elevator takes at least 15 hours to come when you push the button) one of the construction workers came running down the hall and said, "Excuse me Miss! I bet my buddy five bucks that you're having a boy!" I laughed and said, "Sorry! It's a girl." The other guy started cheering and the running guy walked back and kicked his bucket. 12 hours later, the elevator came. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever been wagered on. I'm easily amused.