Saturday, April 09, 2005

Tidbits

We're having a friend over tonight who's been in Peru for the past 8 months. She doesn't know I'm pregnant yet. Boy is she going to be surprised when she walks in the door! My rotuntitude is quite astonising. I'm so large at this point that I don't know how I'm going to get through the next month and a half actually wearing clothes. I think I might have to start just winding a sheet around myself and pretending that togas are still in style. I'll just tell people that it's a new fashion trend and maybe all the buyers will believe me and you'll all see toga inspired clothing hit a store near you in the near future.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Work is going well now that we finally have a replacement for my old position. The hours have been crazy though, I've worked every other Saturday for almost two months now along with other events scattered through the week. It would probably be a little fun if I had any energy left. I'd much prefer to be sleeping though. Or eating. Or eating in my sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - -

We're looking for preschools for Fiona during the summer so she'll have a few hours of interaction with other kids during the week. I think we've decided on a Montessori school which isn't too far away. The classroom freaked me out a little bit though with how anal and neat everything was. Maybe it'll be good for Fiona to be forced to keep everything so clean. I'd think that it could make her a much neater person than I am, but Tamara went to Montessori school and she's just as big a slob as I am, so I don't think it'll matter too much. Sorry Tamara, your secret is out.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

All of you hoping for an update on Fiona's love triangle - the story takes a tragic twist. Just as Fiona reached the older preschool room and could finally make up her mind between the adorable Jacob and the coldhearted Stone, Jacob left the school. Now we'll never now if true love could have blossomed amidst the blocks and paints or if Stone's presence would have kept them apart forever. She doesn't talk about Stone much anymore either, so maybe it was the whole "forbidden" appeal of him. Now that he's right there, he's not nearly as interesting. Ahhh, young love. I can't wait until the teenage years.