Saturday, February 05, 2005

Tag, I'm it!

I'm quite excited that I got an actual email at my brand spanking new email address located over there to your right. Ang the Drama Queen tagged me with a music quiz. I'm not a huge music person, I usually listen to NPR in the car and am not very good at picking out new music. My sister sends me mix discs once a year so I can keep up with all the youngens.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer: I'm not sure . I just got an ipod for Christmas and started experimenting with downloading music and ripping my CDs, but then the computer developed a small problem with actually turning on and now I can't figure out how many files are on there.
2. The last CD you bought was: The last one I bought for myself was quite a while ago, The Cold Mountain soundtrack. The last CD I ripped from a friend (please don't report me) was Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose.
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? "Tomorrow" from the Annie soundtrack. Fiona got the disk for Christmas. Sigh.
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you. "Cheek to Cheek" by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald because that's the song we danced to at our wedding. I don't really know about the rest. I guess they would be the songs that I always put on my mixes to listen to and sing to in the car. These seem to indicate that I'm a big dork: "The Gambler" - Kenny Rogers, "Hotel California" - The Eagles, "Pooh Corner" - Loggins and Messina (I know!), and "Power of Two" - Indigo Girls. I don't think these are necessarily my favorite songs, but I know all the words and like to sing along to them.
5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why? Tamara, because she's the only person I know who blogs and whose email address I know. Maybe she'll make Allie do it too.