Thursday, January 13, 2005

Probably not a right brainer...

Fiona's class is getting a couple of new pets. Millipedes. I shudder to even think about it, but the kids seem pretty excited. I asked Fiona where they were going to sleep and she said, "They have a cage mommy, but they don't need a top. They can come out if they want to. We can touch them." I said, "Oh, you must be so happy," shuddering the entire time.

Anyhow, the kids apparently were brainstorming names for the millipedes at school and the teacher had written a list of everyone's suggestions, marked with their names by their suggestions. I happened to notice the list when I was grabbing Fiona's coat today and while the other kids were suggesting names like Charley or Spike, Fiona's suggestions went like this: "Light. Rug. House. Pencil. Bug. Toy. Coat. Clance." At least she had Clance in there.

Speaking of names, Fiona really wants to name the baby either Sally or Lewen. Sally? Lewen? Where in the world did Lewen come from? She's going to have to learn to live with disappointment on this one.

She's also decided that she doesn't want to meet my sister's boyfriend when we go out to visit Tamara and Disneyland in February. "I don't like Louie. I don't like his hair." Hah! She's never even seen a picture of the guy! "I don't want to ride on the rides with him, I only want to ride with Auntie." Poor Louie, I'm sure she'll like you in person.