Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hurray for inaugaration day!

You totally thought I'd converted there for a second didn't you! No way Bushies, he's a long way from praise-worthy in my book. No, hurray for inaugaration day because it's my little sister's birthday!

I can't believe you're 29. The big two-nine. Twwweeeennnnty-Niiiiiiine. I couldn't possibly be a day over 25, so I'm not sure how you could be 29.

Thank you for being such a good sister all these 29 long years. Let's review:
1) You forgave me for telling people that I really wanted a brother when you first came home from the hospital.
2) You drew attention away from my knocked out front tooth by getting maimed on the swing, requiring stitches and sporting a black eye for weeks.
3) You were the brave one after watching Watcher in the Woods and let me sleep in your bed with you and hold your hand when I was too scared to sleep by myself.
4) You rode those crazy bikes that Grandpa made with me all over Bismarck even when I was mean and horrible and picked fights for no reason.
5) You only read my diary a couple of times. (That I know of.)
6) You were my one and only constant friend those long summers out in the boonies when all we had to do was watch I Love Lucy reruns and make up lies about how long we had practiced the piano.
7) You always let me know exactly what I was going to get for my birthday.
8) You never laughed at me when I borrowed all your Babysitter Club books and read them when I was in high school.
9) You looked up to me in high school even though I was a great big enormous dork.
10) You can occasionally read my mind. Remember that time with the babysitting thing?
11) You never told mom and dad about that one time with the thing when I did the stupid thing that no one else knows about. Hopefully you can read my mind now because I still don't want to tell mom and dad.
12) You were the most amazing traveling companion ever. And you totally looked out for me when that Turkish guy licked me on the neck.
13) You let me sleep on your floor when I didn't have a place to stay in Minneapolis. And you always tried really cool restaurants with me and went to freaky plays. Remember that one with the yellow shoes? I still think about that play.
14) You tolerated me when I moved back to Arizona and didn't have anything to do on the weekends except come to Phoenix and bother you.
15) Even though you spent the entire previous day puking, you still managed to be my maid of honor and put up with my crazy bride-ishness. And you weren't even the one that fainted in the ceremony!
16) You drove across the country to help me after Fiona was born.
17) You started eating meat again and you're so much easier to cook for now!
18) You totally let me copy your birthday wish idea. :)

I love you. Have a wonderful birthday!