Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Fiona's story

Fiona told us this story at the dinner table tonight.

Fiona: "OK, I'm the mommy. Mommy you're Fiona, OK sweetheart? So honey [to Andre], I had a hard day at work today. First I was driving to work and I had a little car accident. The car was broken. It was out of gas. "

Andre: "Oh no, that sounds bad. Did the tow truck come?"

F: "Yes, it came and the man took me to the gas station."

A: "Did you get the car fixed?"

F: "No, I bought a new car. It's red. I bought you one too, honey."

Me: "Well that was very generous of you."

F: "Now sweetheart stop talking, you're annoying me. I'm talking to daddy right now."

Me: "Hmph."

F: "So then I drove home and I laid down and I took a little nap for two hours and I had a dream that two people came to the house and they wanted to pet our cats and I said OK so they came inside and they were petting our cats and then I invited them to dinner. [She then detailed several other dreams she had in the course of her nap which I can't remember.] Then I went to work and I had a bad customer. He didn't do anything, he just left."

I don't know where she gets some of this stuff. I promise I never tell her she's annoying me when she's interrupting.