Thursday, November 04, 2004

Sigh

Four more years. That'll go pretty fast, right? It'll only be two years before we really start seeing campaigning again and can start to hope again. I'm really really trying not to be completely infuriated with the other half of America. I can't fathom you, I really can't, but I'm trying not to be so angry. My middle finger tries to creep up whenever I see one of your Bush-Cheney bumper stickers, but I've been settling for scowls instead. My sister wrote all of you a letter and I think you should read it, she put a lot more thought into it than I've put into this.

I'm trying to think of some positives to this situation and I've come up with this:

1) Bush will have to deal with his own mess in Iraq. No one could possibly blame the democrats for the spiraling quagmire that is the war. I think it will become much, MUCH worse and the possibility of the draft will become even more real. That will definitely raise some questions about whether or not people should have been voting for "moral issues" instead of a national crisis.

Uh, that's really all I can think of. I guess I need some more time to mourn.