Monday, September 27, 2004

Thar she blows!

I know I should be a little freaked by the idea that Mount St. Helens is possibly getting ready to erupt again, but I'm not. I think it would be really freaking cool. (Disclaimer, of course it would not be cool if human life was lost or property damage was severe. I'm not cold-hearted, I'm just intrigued by volcanic events.) I vaguely remember some relatives coming to visit us from Washington in the early 80s and bringing us a jar of ash from the Big One. That was back in the Arizona days when I never dreamed I'd live up here with the earthquakes and the volcanoes. And whales! What if St. Helens goes and sets off a chain reaction and Rainier blows up too and then we have like a month of ash days and no one has to go to work. OK, well maybe that would be really messy and I bet all that ash would wreak havoc on the Roomba. I guess what I really want is to see a volcano erupt and then have a month's vacation.