Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Pacific Northwest cool...

You know what's neat about living here? I mean besides the fact that every single person over the age of 12 is a complete coffee snob and snorts derisively at the mere thought of Folgers Crystals, I love that. And besides the fact that I live in a vast liberal playground where my Kerry bumpersticker will never get keyed. And even besides the fact that we have a two week period every year when the restaurants fly banners proclaiming the start to wild salmon season, yum. The really cool thing about living here is this: Whale warnings. Where else can you go to the movies and have one of the pre-show slides be a huge graphic of an orca with big bold red letters proclaiming "Whale danger! 150 feet around a whale is a no boat zone!" To an Arizona girl, that is awesome! I mean, whales! Cool.