Sunday, September 12, 2004

Little things that make me happy

1. Fiona in her orange stripey jammies. And when she sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star like this: "Up a bubba world so high."

2. Finishing the latest in my favorite trashy detective series and being disappointed that I'll have to wait for another one to come out and then checking the author's website to find out I'm actually a book behind and there's a new one already out there waiting for me. Hooray!

3. A hot cup of Yunnan tea with some sugar and milk.

4. Waking up to a clean house and knowing I don't have to spend the rest of my weekend fretting about it and procrastinating and then going to work on Monday with a messy house.

5. The Amazing Race and Television without Pity's recaps of Amazing Race.

6. When my psychotic cat licks his tail so much that half the hair lays the wrong way and he looks like he went to a vindictive pet groomer.

7. Freaks and Geeks and Firefly on DVD.

8. When Andre humors me and cooks things even though he thinks they'll be gross, like Veeg's pumpkin soup, and then it turns out to be tasty and he's happy he made it. He's cute.

9. Going to the fair and eating ten bazillion calories of trashy fried foods and risking death on rides managed by apathetic carnies.

10. The fact that the battleground state of Ohio will most likely go to Kerry. (Hah! You didn't think I'd leave something like this out, did you?)