Saturday, August 21, 2004

A while ago someone on my sister's blog posted a comment about Tamara being their "blog nexus" - the person who connected multiple friends and acquaintances (both real life and online). Well, I've found my nexus (and truth be told, it creeped me out a little bit when I discovered it a couple of months ago). My sister has a link to the very funny Smitty in her links column, so I clicked through and then checked to see if he had linked back to her. He had. He also had links to a bunch of the women I know from an online forum. Even though Smitty doesn't know me from Eve and I hadn't posted their links anywhere, it was like he had just gone through my head and picked the people I knew to link. Now I have to check through his links periodically to see if he's dug up any of my old boyfriends or college roommates.

HG from the forum has also linked to my sister and to Smitty now so the whole single nexus idea becomes a little muddled, but I still think it's an interesting concept. Have you found your nexus?