Monday, August 30, 2004

Poor guy...

I was talking about this guy and his poor friend in the car with Andre and his folks. They hadn't heard the story so I told them about it and Fiona piped up, "Poor guy!" I had no idea she would be able to figure out what decapitation is. I probably went into more gory details than I should have. She assured me, "I won't do that Mama. I wouldn't do that to my friend." "I'm so glad," I said. "You wouldn't do that either, right Mama?" "Of course not," I assured her.

I basically allowed my child to entertain the notion that either she or I would drive drunk and somehow chop off someone's head! My sweet little three year old is worrying about whether or not I'll commit vehicular homicide. No wonder kids grow up early these days, their parents suck! I'm predicting nightmares tonight.

Edited to add: And I was right. 2:00 am. I'm such a bad mother.