Friday, July 30, 2004

Here's a quick little hint for all you doctors out there. When a woman comes in for a miscarriage related D&C, she does not want to be asked if she's here for a "termination." Also, it is not comforting when I'm crying to say that a third of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and the ones that do end in miscarriage generally had some sort of genetic problem. Guess what. That doesn't help. I know that already. It doesn't change the fact that I'm sad and will continue to be sad for awhile no matter how many statistics you're able to bring out of your little bag of tricks. Maybe trying a few of the old interpersonal skills would provide a better result. And no, I don't want to see the empty sac on the ultrasound screen. Especially after I just told you that I saw the baby's heartbeat on that same screen a month ago.