Tuesday, May 11, 2004

We had an exciting weekend of painting the kitchen and dining room. We had planned on painting the kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms and the family room. Please feel free to laugh all you want; I don't know what we were thinking. The kitchen/dining rooms look freaking awesome in the red though. I love it. So when you come to my house you had better ooh and ahh over the kitchen because if you say you don't like it you're not allowed to come back.

Andre also ripped up all the nasty carpet in the basement and laid some tile in the laundry room. The last owners had carpet in the laundry area. Who carpets the laundry room? That seems like the opposite of smart to me.

Fiona watched about 3 bazillion hours of TV while we were painting. Poor kid.

Two more days until we leave for California. I'm ridiculously excited. The last two times I've actually left the state have been trips to North Dakota. whee. I'm used to traveling widely and frequently and have a major case of claustrophobia from all these damn green trees and bushes.