Saturday, May 01, 2004

Looks like packing it is. The mortgage folks didn't get the money disbursed in time to get the papers to the courthouse, so the earliest we can get into the house is Monday. I think we'll have some late nights painting in the next couple of weeks. It's actually probably for the best. The landlords at the current place would like to start showing the house to the next potential renters which means the house needs to look somewhat presentable in the midst of packing everything up and moving. Wheee! What fun! I love packing things up and cleaning at the same time!

I think this whole moving thing is totally freaking Fiona out. She seems excited about moving, but she's been incredibly timid the past week or two. Whenever she hears a noise or sees something move outside she comes screaming and racing over to the closest parent sobbing about being scared of the squirrel or bird or airplane or whatever. Last night after she went to bed she started screaming in her bedroom. I went into her room and asked her what the matter was. She said she heard a motorcycle and asked, "What his name is? The man on the motorcycle?" I said I didn't know. She screamed, "What his name is?! What his name is?!" I said, "Uh, Jack maybe?" She said, "My Jack? My friend from school? I like him. He's nice. Night night, Mommy." Uh, ok, freaky child.